Two branch of art comming together: Paingting and Fashion. This coalition is made by Lacoste. They choose Micah Lidberg to make their new capsule collection. Micah is ispired by nature and wonderfully weird creatures. Maybe that’s why he come to agreement with the crocodile.
If you want to learn more thing about him and his opinion about Lacoste:
COULD YOU INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND YOUR WORK IN A FEW WORDS?
-My name is Micah Lidberg and I am an illustrator living in Kansas City, Missouri. My work tends to be very colorful, elaborate, and full of motion. Since I was a kid, I’ve always enjoyed drawing creatures and environments. That’s still a strong theme in my work.
WHY DID YOU START MAKING ART? WHAT INSPIRES YOU TO CREATE?
- I’m not sure why I started making art. I know that it’s something that has always been with me. I think my interest in art might have something to do with my curiosity about the world. When I’m making something, it feels like a playful way to think about the universe and the feelings I encounter as I move through it.
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT LACOSTE L!VE? HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE MINI-COLLECTION YOU CREATED FOR THE BRAND?
- I think Lacoste L!VE is a really great, youthful brand. It’s built around a classic aesthetic but embraces invention. I think that’s something my generation is looking for today. I wanted my collection to have some elements of familiarity but, at the same time, reflect the energy and optimism that’s happening now. I’ve used a lot of bright color and motion and it’s filled with absurd creatures and stories . It’s a little bit of my favorite things from when I was a kid, and a lot of the color and energy I love today.
WHAT MADE YOU DECIDE TO COLLABORATE WITH LACOSTE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT THIS BRAND?
- Lacoste is a brand that I’ve loved for a long time so I didn’t take much convincing! My personal style tends to gravitate towards lots of classic and simple pieces paired with an element of something fantastic and energetic. Lacoste is great about providing both those things.
WHAT’S UNCONVENTIONAL CHIC FOR YOU?
- Unconventional Chic for me is about being comfortable with yourself and your quirks, but without screaming it to the world.
WHAT’S THE LINK BETWEEN ART AND FASHION FOR YOU?
- I think both art and fashion are looking to create new experiences for us. They both use color, material, composition, and energy to make something new in the world. I think that’s a deeply human drive and why we love art and fashion so much.
Senior Fashion Editor